Do you want to be the designer that launches the INSPIRARE SHOP?
We are on the hunt for a standout women’s wear design to become the first style to be manufactured, promoted and sold on Inspirare.com!
Start drawing, draping and designing and get your entries uploaded to your Inspirare portfolio to be in the running to win!
2013 SPRING INSPIRARE GLOBAL FASHION DESIGN COMPETITION
2012 INSPIRARE GLOBAL FASHION DESIGN COMPETITION
30 PRIZES TO BE WON!
The first place designer will receive amassed publicity and a generous 20% royalty from each unit of their design sold.
The winner will also have the choice of a trip to San Francisco OR $1600 to spend at any major retailers.
There are also 29 runner up prizes to be won including Apple iPads, and any major retailer gift vouchers.
HOW TO ENTER?
- Apply to be a Designer
- Go to Upload Designs
- Select the ‘Competition’ category
- Include up to 9 images for each of your women’s wear design entries
- Enter up to 3 designs into the INSPIRARE Design Competition
The top 80 designs as voted in by Inspirare members (based on highest rated and most votes), and 20 favorites as chosen by the Inspirare team will make the top 100 finalists. The top 100 will be judged by a panel of industry experts to determine the winners.
The voted in designs will then be assessed by our panel based on the following criteria:
- Strength of the concept and inspiration behind the design
- Creative interpretation of the concept and inspiration
- Commercial viability
- Choice of fabrication and trims
- Technical awareness
- Written and visual explanation of the design
- The design can be produced domestically
- It can be produced at a competitive price that is in line with similarly complex garments currently on the market
Designs must meet the following Criteria:
- All designs must be a women’s wear garment.
- Women’s wear garments may include but are not limited to: dresses, tops, blouses, jackets, coats, blazers, skirts, pants, shorts, sweaters, cardigans, playsuits, bodysuits, leotards, rompers, jeans, leggings.
- Women’s wear does not include: accessories (jewelery, belts, bags, shoes, hats, gloves), hosiery (stockings, socks), intimate apparel or sleepwear.
- Only designs that can be produced locally will be considered for the 1st place prize
- Only designs that can be manufactured and sold at a price that is comparable to styles of a similar complexity and calibre currently on the market will be considered for the 1st place prize.
- The designs entered cannot have already been commercially produced and sold to any wholesale clients or through any retail outlets.
- All designs entered must feature at least one (1) drawing of the design. This drawing can be either a flat lay rough sketch, a fully rendered fashion illustration or a computer generated technical sketch.
- A minimum of three (3) images per design must be uploaded.
Images of supporting material can also be uploaded. Supporting material may include:
- Photos of a finished sample
- Scans or photos of fabrics featured in the design
- A mood board inspiring the design
- Work in progress photos of the sample during construction or techniques applied
- Work in progress images of the designer’s development sketches or patterns
- Work in progress photos of the illustration during it’s creation or techniques applied
By day, Nikki works in online marketing for an agency where she helps drive traffic to 40+ entertainment, fashion and sports ecommerce sites. She is also the President of the San Francisco FIDM Alumni Association, and runs a trend blog called StyleBust.
Lorraine Sanders is a fashion journalist and the author of the San Francisco Chronicle column Style Bytes on the Bay Area’s fashion and technology landscape. She is the founder and editor of newly launched fashion and technology lifestyle site Digital Style Digest and the founding editor of longtime local blog SF Indie Fashion, the only Bay Area fashion blog exclusively devoted to independent fashion designers, retailers and events.
Flore Morton is the Styling Coordinator at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco and a freelance Fashion Designer. She has been teaching fashion design, styling and fashion photography for the last 6 years. During her 15 years of experience in the fashion industry, Flore has designed under Martin Margiela and Jean-Paul Gaultier at Hermès in Paris, where she developed expertise in tailoring, dressmaking, knitwear, leatherwear, swimwear and accessories.
Kate Blank is Inspirare’s Fashion Director and has been a part of the team, advising on all things fashion, since the early days of it’s conception. Working in the fashion industry since 2003, in both design and production, her experience and eye for detail allows her to identify which talented designers to collaborate with, and how to take their ideas and translate them into a product.
1st Place Prize
One first place winner will be selected to win the grand prize which includes:
- The winning design will have 200 units produced, funded 100% by Inspirare. It will be the first style listed on the Inspirare Shop. Your design will launch Inspirare Shop!
- 20% of the sales from the winning design will be shared with it’s designer. That means if 200 pieces of your style are sold on the Inspirare shop at $200 each, you will receive $8000!
- The winning design and it’s designer will be a focus of the Inspirare Shop’s heavily marketed launch phase. You and your design will be announced and promoted via various online channels including: the Inspirare website and newsletter, where you will receive a full page feature; Inspirare’s Facebook, Twitter and blog; through targeted advertising and via our media partners.
- You will work remotely with the Inspirare design team to prepare your style for production
- The winning designer’s name or label name will be featured on each garment sold through Inspirare
- The winner can chose from a trip to San Francisco including flights and 7 nights accommodation or $1600 to spend at any major retailer upon request and approval by Inspirare.
2nd Place Prize
Five (5) talented designers will be carefully selected as 2nd place runners up.
Second place winners can chose one of the following prizes:
- Their designers and their work will be announced as runners up throughout various online channels including: the Inspirare website, newsletter, facebook, twitter and blog.
- $500 to spend at any major retailers upon request and approval by Inspirare.— or An iPad
— or iPhone
— or An Android phone
- 2nd place styles will also be shortlisted for possible manufacture and sale in future production runs. If chosen, this includes royalty payments and promotion, the details of which can be found in the Designer Agreement.
3rd Place Prize*
Twenty-four (24) 3rd place runners up (see special note below) will be selected by our panel of judges and can choose the following prize:
- $100 to spend at any major retailers upon request and approval by Inspirare.
By agreeing below and in consideration of Inspirare.com evaluating your Design (hereinafter the “Design”) for competition winner and its possible use as the basis of clothing products, you agree to the following terms and conditions (“Design Submission Terms and Conditions”):
- This competition is open to worldwide fashion designers.
- By entering this design competition, participants further agree to Inspirare Designer Agreement, Site Terms & Conditions.
- The competition runs from April 18, 2012 until May 31, 2012 or a later date if the undisclosed target minimum number of entries are not received by May 31, 2012.
- Other than the prizes listed, there is no cash alternative available.
- *3rd Place Prize: a total of 24 designs will be selected. If a designer is talented enough to have more than one of their entries gain a position in the top 30, they will receive a prize for their highest ranking design only, and get acknowledged for all placements achieved.
- Participants agree when there is any disagreement or conflicts between participants, judging panel and Inspirare, Inspirare team’s has the sole discretion on how to interpret and run the competition, Participants wave the right to sue Inspirare for any reason.
- You acknowledge that the Design you are assigning to Inspirare is your own original work, has not been previously published, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or any material, which Inspirare in its sole discretion, deems to be profane or offensive. Inspirare revers the right to decline to select a Design for consideration for any reason.
- Prize winners will be required to participate in publicity involving a print, online, and related media, and give Inspirare permission to reproduce your image online, in print media or possible use as the basis of clothing products. You agree to have your name released as the winner should you be chosen as a winner of the prize. If your design is selected as winner and for use by Inspirare, you acknowledge that you assign to Inspirare and its subsidiaries and affiliates the entire right, title and interest in and to the copyright in your Design including the right to use for past infringement and the right to further sublicense the Design, for its sole and exclusive use on and in connection with the items. You also acknowledge that you waive all “moral” rights that you may have in and to your design.
- Inspirare reserves the right to withdraw or amend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
- Neither Inspirare or its affiliated companies shall have any liability for (i) any technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in its web online service; (ii) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition; (iii) any malfunction of or damage to the prizes; or (iv) any restrictions of delays imposed by any customs authorities or any import or other taxes of any kind imposed by any taxation authority in respect of the prizes; (v) the payment of any tax that arises as a result of receiving payment from Inspirare.